Alberta is home to three international airports. Easy access to Alberta from more than 100 cities world wide is available with most major airlines and charter companies. For specific information on scheduled and charter flights, contact your local travel agent.
Alberta is served by VIA Rail scheduled service. Stops are scheduled in Edmonton and Jasper. Call 1-888-842-7245 (in North America) or the VIA number in your area for reservations and information. In the U.S., VIA Rail can be booked through AMTRAK at 1-800-872-7245.
Rocky Mountaineer offers service from Calgary, Banff and Jasper to the West Coast of British Columbia. These routes through Canada’s Rockies are considered some of the world’s classic rail trips. For details, visit rockymountaineer.com.
Motor Coach Travel
Special tours and transportation are available throughout Alberta including the Rockies.
- Brewster Vacations Canada
- 1-403-762-6700 or in North America 1-866-606-6700
- Greyhound Bus Lines 1-800-661-8747
- Red Arrow Motor Coach 1-800-232-1958
Alberta’s rules of the road may be a bit different than the ones you're used to. So here's a selection of Alberta highway and travel information to help you get around the province safely.
Alberta Highway Travel Information
For current Alberta road conditions across the province visit 511 Alberta. For additional information on Alberta's roads and highways, including maps and current road conditions, visit Alberta Transportation.
U.S. Ports of Entry
International visitors driving to Canada can use any of the following ports of entry:
- Aden, Alberta/Whitlash, Montana
- Carway, Alberta/Peigan, Montana
- Del Bonita, Alberta/Del Bonita, Montana
- Wild Horse, Alberta/Wild Horse, Montana
- Coutts, Alberta/Sweetgrass, Montana
- Chief Mountain, Alberta/Chief Mountain, Montana